Location: 1200 Burrard St #404, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C7
Closing Date: 30/11/2020
NexGen Hearing has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Audiometric Technician to join our Vancouver clinic. The position is permanent full-time – 35hrs per week.
As an integral part of an experienced and dedicated team you will have variety and job satisfaction in this position. This is your chance to utilize your experience in customer service, audiometric testing, hearing aid orientation and counselling skills. We welcome you to help us make a difference in our community.
- Familiarizing the customer with the components of the hearing aid by showing them their hearing aid
- Advising the customers with respect to the use of batteries
- Demonstrating to the customer the proper maintenance and care routine
- Showing the customer how to insert and remove their hearing aid
- Familiarizing the customer on the use of hearing aid controls
- Instructing the customer on the use of their hearing aid with the telephone/blue tooth
- Informing on adjusting to wearing hearing aids and discomfort issues
- Advising customers on the use of accessories and their benefits in reducing repairs
- Reviewing the warranties available and sales agreement
- Explaining and completing third party documents with customer
- Altering earmolds with direction from the audiologist
- Generating customers reports and other paperwork as needed.
- Performing standard and specialized audiometric pure tone audiometric tests for ENT specialists
- Instruct patients on test procedures and record results
- Clean and check all types of hearing aids
- Replacing tubing on earmolds
- Minor repairs to hearing aids, ex. Filter changes, wax guards, battery doors, volume controls, receivers, domes.
- Troubleshooting problems including external feedback causes and how to troubleshoot
- internal feedback problems
- Promotion of NexGen Hearing Services at a branch and community level, clean and check clinics at Retirement Residences
- CCR coverage and administrative work when not occupied with the above
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary degree in Audiology
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role in a hearing clinic essential
- Hearing clinic management experience preferred
- Current knowledge of hearing aid fitting software preferred
Knowledge, Competency and Skills
- Good working knowledge of the use, maintenance and workings of hearing aids
- Knowledge of all major manufacturers hearing aids – how they work, remote controls, accessories
- Office procedures; booking appointments, selling batteries, accessories, invoicing, 3rd party contracts and forms, filling in repair forms, knowledge on paper files and filing system
- Knowledge of BluePrint OMS.
- Party Rules and eligibility requirements
- Good understanding of the audiogram
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required to advise and train the customer on using their hearing aids
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on problems associated with the use of hearing aids
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good understanding of selling principles
- Presentation and speaking skills
- Sound computer skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business
- Ability to use specialized test equipment
- Professional demeanor and appearance
Benefits: The current standard company health, disability, and dental insurance coverage in addition to 6 paid sick days. Any other performance related discretionary bonuses if eligible.
Vacation: Two weeks of vacation each year.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume, explaining why you feel that you are the right candidate for this opportunity. Applications only accepted via email.
Join the NexGen Hearing Family